NovaTerra is an Ulaanbaatar based investment, project management, and advisory firm led by a group of seasoned executives with extensive project development, project financing and technical experience in mining, energy, infrastructure, and real estate.
- Financing, project development and project management services for mining, conventional power, renewable power, and infrastructure.
- Engineering and technical expertise through its international partners.
- Access to our broad relationships with domestic and international equity and debt providers.
- A proven record in negotiating and closing projects and agreements with the Mongolian Government.
- Business and financial advice to strategically position our clients within Mongolia’s political and economic context.
NovaTerra focuses on:
- Project development and financing.
- Project management.
- Corporate and trade finance.
Our partners have proven track records in closing deals and delivering value to investors. We have successfully managed some of the largest and most complex institutions and projects in Mongolia, including service as:
- CEO of Newcom, Mongolia’s leading infrastructure company, with investments in power, telecommunications, aviation, property and mining supply.
- CEO of Khan Bank, Mongolia’s largest and most profitable financial institution.
- Chairman of MobiCom, Mongolia’s largest GSM and IT services operator.
- General Counsel of Newcom, handling financial and project deal structuring.
- Managers of the financing, procurement, construction, government approvals, and off-take contracts of the $120mln Salkhit wind farm, Mongolia’s first ever independent power plant and first project to have executed a bankable PPA fully in line with the best international project finance standards.
- Founding Chairman and current Chairman of the Business Council of Mongolia, a business advocacy group of 280 international and Mongolian companies.
NovaTerra is a member of the Business Council of Mongolia, an association of 280 leading international and domestic businesses operating in Mongolia. The council was established in 2007 to promote increased trade and investment in Mongolia. BCM represents all investors in Mongolia, domestic and foreign, on business climate issues. Advocacy efforts with the Government, Ministry and Parliamentary officials on issues vital to investors in Mongolia are of utmost importance.
NovaTerra is a member of the North America - Mongolia Business Council, an organization of Canadian, American, and domestic corporations, organizations and professionals invested, active or doing business in Mongolia. The NAMBC's mission is to advocate, advance and expand North America-Mongolia bilateral trade and investment to the benefit of our Canadian and American members. The organization works closely with the governments of Mongolia, Canada and the US to strengthen bilateral economic ties and to promote policy frameworks that insure transparency and a level playing field in the business climate.